Sunday, January 28, 2007

Young Mountain

So I went to the record store Amoeba yesterday because my friend gave me a giftcard to that place. I had never gone there before because I don't usually buy music because all my money pays for gas and I usually don't have faith that a record store will carry what I'm looking for.

After much rummaging I was quite dissappointed that I couldn't find more than a handful of albums that I would love to own. But after finally reaching the miscellaneous Y's section I stumbled upon the record I went into Amoeba wishing to leave Amoeba with the most, if that makes any sense. I was really surprised to find the only copy of Yndi Halda's Enjoy Eternal Bliss they had. After all, their collection of post-rock was incredibly limited to the likes of Mogwai, Sigur Ros, and a few other major names. So it was incredibly surprising that I found a copy of a record that only had 150 prints on the first release. Though the one I found was the re-release, I was still pretty ecstatic.

Besides Yndi, I was able to find two copies of This Will Destroy You's Young Mountain in the used section. I didn't want to buy it because artists don't make any profit off used sales, but I couldn't resist. I loved that record more than anything I could find there so I bought it. But when I got home and browsed through the interweb, I felt like complete shit. I bought a used copy of Young Mountain for $6.99+tax, but I found out that Magic Bullet Records, This Will Destroy You's label, was selling it new for $8.50 with no shipping fees!! So, for less than $1.50 extra, I could have actually helped out the little band instead of putting another 7+ dollars into Amoeba's pocket. I also realized, that I was terribly terribly ripped off.

So yeah,

Dear Amoeba,
plz add post-rock to your catalog.
with love and kisses,
Armand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home