Wednesday, November 07, 2007

An Anthology of Dead Ends

I wish i would write more. But i don't think anyone reads this so it doesn't really matter.

But the main reason why i'd like to use this blog more is because of the title. Stealing this blog's name from one of Botch's albums was one of the best things I've ever done. Honestly, what is a blog other than an anthology of dead ends? This may be very self-indulgent but i actually think the title is pretty brilliant. haha

Anyway, I don't really have much else to say. Though I am planning on writing a novel right when i get out of school, which is kind of odd because i'm an engineer and i don't really read much. But for some reason, as long as i can remember, well not that long but probably since sometime in high school, i've had the desire to write a novel and recently the yearning has intensified a bit.

I think the main reason why i've wanting to do so, is because i subconsciously want to leave something behind to be remembered by. As I've grown older i've realized how insignificant life is in respect to the whole cosmos. Our lives are on average 70 years long on a planet that has less significance than a speck on a speck in an infinitely expanding universe that has been around and will continue on for billions of years. It may seem trivial, but I would love to claim a part of that speck for myself. But none of this will matter. What I'm trying to get at, is explained eloquently here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pfwY2TNehw

All we commit to in life is just an anthology of dead ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home